- Fix broken "t" and "T" mappings, tabs now open at end (lifecrisis) #759
- Update doc with already existing mapping variables (asnr) #699
- Fix the broken g:NERDTreeBookmarksSort setting (lifecrisis) #696
- Correct NERDTreeIgnore pattern in doc (cntoplolicon) #648
- Remove empty segments when splitting path (sooth-sayer) #574
- Suppress autocmds less agressively (wincent) #578 #691
- Add an Issues template to ask for more info initially.
- Fix markdown headers in readme (josephfrazier) #676
- Don't touch @o and @h registers when rendering
- Fix bug with files and directories with dollar signs (alegen) #649
- Reuse/reopen existing window trees where possible #244
- Remove NERDTree.previousBuf()
- Change color of arrow (Leeiio) #630
- Improved a tip in README.markdown (ggicci) #628
- Shorten delete confimration of empty directory to 'y' (mikeperri) #530
- Fix API call to open directory tree in window (devm33) #533
- Change default arrows on non-Windows platforms (gwilk) #546
- Update to README - combine cd and git clone (zwhitchcox) #584
- Update to README - Tip: start NERDTree when vim starts (therealplato) #593
- Escape filename when moving an open buffer (zacharyvoase) #595
- Fixed incorrect :helptags command in README (curran) #619
- Fixed incomplete escaping of folder arrows (adityanatraj) #548
- Added NERDTreeCascadeSingleChildDir option (juanibiapina) #558
- Replace strchars() with backward compatible workaround.
- Add support for copy command in Windows (SkylerLipthay) #231
- Fixed typo in README.markdown - :Helptags -> :helptags
- Rename "primary" and "secondary" trees to "tab" and "window" trees.
- Move a bunch of buffer level variables into the NERDTree and UI classes.
- Display cascading dirs on one line to save vertical/horizontal space (@matt-gardner: brainstorming/testing)
- Remove the old style UI - Remove 'NERDTreeDirArrows' option.
- On windows default to + and ~ for expand/collapse directory symbols.
- Lots more refactoring. Move a bunch of b: level vars into b:NERDTree and friends.
- Refactor the code significantly:
* Break the classes out into their own files.
* Make the majority of the code OO - previously large parts were
effectively a tangle of "global" methods.
- Add an API to assign flags to nodes. This allows VCS plugins like
https://github.com/Xuyuanp/nerdtree-git-plugin to exist. Thanks to
Xuyuanp for helping design/test/build said API.
- add 'scope' argument to the key map API see :help NERDTreeAddKeyMap()
- add magic [[dir]] and [[file]] flags to NERDTreeIgnore
- add support for custom path filters. See :help NERDTreeAddPathFilter()
- add path listener API. See :help NERDTreePathListenerAPI.
- expand the fs menu functionality to list file properties (PhilRunninger,
- make bookmarks work with `~` home shortcuts (hiberabyss)
- show OSX specific fsmenu options in regular vim on mac (evindor)
- make dir arrow icons configurable (PickRelated)
- optimise node sorting performance when opening large dirs (vtsang)
- make the root note render prettier by truncating it at a path slash (gcmt)
- remove NERDChristmasTree option - its always christmas now
- add "cascade" open and closing for dirs containing only another single
dir. See :help NERDTreeCascadeOpenSingleChildDir (pendulm)
Many other fixes, doc updates and contributions from:
cperl82 - many small fixes
- Add NERDTreeDirArrows option to make the UI use pretty arrow chars
instead of the old +~| chars to define the tree structure (sickill)
- shift the syntax highlighting out into its own syntax file (gnap)
- add some mac specific options to the filesystem menu - for macvim
- Add NERDTreeMinimalUI option to remove some non functional parts of the
nerdtree ui (camthompson)
- tweak the behaviour of :NERDTreeFind - see :help :NERDTreeFind for the
new behaviour (benjamingeiger)
- if no name is given to :Bookmark, make it default to the name of the
target file/dir (minyoung)
- use 'file' completion when doing copying, create, and move
- lots of misc bug fixes (paddyoloughlin, sdewald, camthompson, Vitaly
Bogdanov, AndrewRadev, mathias, scottstvnsn, kml, wycats, me RAWR!)
- NERDTreeFind to reveal the node for the current buffer in the tree,
see |NERDTreeFind|. This effectively merges the FindInNERDTree plugin (by
Doug McInnes) into the script.
- make NERDTreeQuitOnOpen apply to the t/T keymaps too. Thanks to Stefan
Ritter and Rémi Prévost.
- truncate the root node if wider than the tree window. Thanks to Victor
- really fix window state restoring
- fix some win32 path escaping issues. Thanks to Stephan Baumeister, Ricky,
jfilip1024, and Chris Chambers
- add a new programmable menu system (see :help NERDTreeMenu).
- add new APIs to add menus/menu-items to the menu system as well as
custom key mappings to the NERD tree buffer (see :help NERDTreeAPI).
- removed the old API functions
- added a mapping to maximize/restore the size of nerd tree window, thanks
to Guillaume Duranceau for the patch. See :help NERDTree-A for details.
- fix a bug where secondary nerd trees (netrw hijacked trees) and
NERDTreeQuitOnOpen didnt play nicely, thanks to Curtis Harvey.
- fix a bug where the script ignored directories whose name ended in a dot,
thanks to Aggelos Orfanakos for the patch.
- fix a bug when using the x mapping on the tree root, thanks to Bryan
Venteicher for the patch.
- fix a bug where the cursor position/window size of the nerd tree buffer
wasnt being stored on closing the window, thanks to Richard Hart.
- fix a bug where NERDTreeMirror would mirror the wrong tree
- fix a bug where a non-listed no-name buffer was getting created every
time the tree windows was created, thanks to Derek Wyatt and owen1
- make <CR> behave the same as the 'o' mapping
- some helptag fixes in the doc, thanks strull
- fix a bug when using :set nohidden and opening a file where the previous
buf was modified. Thanks iElectric
- other minor fixes
- add mappings to open files in a vsplit, see :help NERDTree-s and :help
- make the statusline for the nerd tree window default to something
hopefully more useful. See :help 'NERDTreeStatusline'
- make the hijack netrw functionality work when vim is started with "vim
<some dir>" (thanks to Alf Mikula for the patch).
- fix a bug where the CWD wasnt being changed for some operations even when
NERDTreeChDirMode==2 (thanks to Lucas S. Buchala)
- add -bar to all the nerd tree :commands so they can chain with other
:commands (thanks to tpope)
- fix bugs when ignorecase was set (thanks to nach)
- fix a bug with the relative path code (thanks to nach)
- fix a bug where doing a :cd would cause :NERDTreeToggle to fail (thanks nach)
- fix bugs with :NERDTreeToggle and :NERDTreeMirror when 'hidden
was not set
- fix a bug where :NERDTree <path> would fail if <path> was relative and
didnt start with a ./ or ../ Thanks to James Kanze.
- make the q mapping work with secondary (:e <dir> style) trees,
thanks to jamessan
- fix a bunch of small bugs with secondary trees
More insane refactoring.
- hijack netrw so that doing an :edit <directory> will put a NERD tree in
the window rather than a netrw browser. See :help 'NERDTreeHijackNetrw'
- allow sharing of trees across tabs, see :help :NERDTreeMirror
- remove "top" and "bottom" as valid settings for NERDTreeWinPos
- change the '<tab>' mapping to 'i'
- change the 'H' mapping to 'I'
- lots of refactoring